The Veggie Way Mod For Fabric
1.15.2 Fabric port by: lorilith/linguardium
The Veggie Way – A vanilla friendly way to get getter food without killing.
Looking to get mob drops without killing, check out Resourceful Tools
I love playing Minecraft, but killing cows, sheep, pigs, and chickens for food always leaves me feeling a little guilty. Why doesn’t Minecraft give you a way to craft high nutrition foods without resorting to eating cooked animal flesh?
The Veggie Way solves that problem!
Note: There is a vegan option for protein with Red Quinoa!
By using the bounty of nature (apples, carrots, beets, etc.) and farm-fresh eggs and milk for some protein, you can now create high nutrition foods.
Superfood drinks and bars are as good as vanilla cooked meats.
Here is how it works:
– Collect some Drying Agent from from sand with a Hand Rake, its silicate from millions of years of volcanic dust in the soil (20% chance)
– Red Quinoa, Corn, Lentil, and Soybean Seeds drop from dirt and grass blocks with a Hand Rake (10% chance), plant on farmland to grow crops
– Raise some chickens to get eggs or grow some Red Quinoa, Lentil, or Soybean – used to craft protein powder
– Farm some carrots – used to craft vitamin powder
– Farm some apples or beets – used to craft fructose powder
– Farm some Wheat – used to craft wheatgerm powder
– Farm some Cocoa Beans – used to make caffeine powder
– Farm some potatoes or corn – used to craft carb powder
– Keep a cow around because you will need some.milk [optional]
With these basic ingredients, you can start making drinks and bars (hunger and saturation values can be adjusted in the config file)
– Energy Drink restores (4) hunger
– Energy Bar- restores (5) hunger
– Superfood Shake – restores (7) hunger
– Superfood Smoothie- restores (7) hunger (vegan option)
– Superfood Bar – restores (8) hunger
A few crops to grow for your protein needs:
– Fried Egg
– Flour, made with Wheat and a Mill, used to make dough (which can be baked into bread)
– Fresh Tofu, made from cooked Soybean, cooked in a furnace to get vanilla eggs
– Apple Pie (no egg required)
– Melon Pie (no egg required)
– Sweet Berry Pie (no egg required)
– Chocolate Bar
– Cactus Chunk
– Pumpkin Chunk
– Melon Chunk
– Pumpkin Soup
– Cactus Soup
– Melon Soup
– Carrot Soup
– Super Petal Powder – a nice dietary supplement
Extra Bonus: Light torches by placing sticks on a campfire and make vanilla leather from Bamboo
All of the crafting is done on a vanilla crafting table, so no special machines are required
Mod Development Discord: https://discord.gg/j7bYbkW